If you’ve been following the efforts to implement federal health insurance exchanges here in Missouri, essentially paving the way for Obamacare, you just learned that Gov. Nixon is one signature away from an executive order to do it anyway – even though the Senate killed the bill last year. Update: As of 4:00 pm today, the Senate persuaded the governor’s office to not sign the order at least through today.
71.1% of voters said they do not want Obamacare! If Nixon thinks the tea party movement has grown tired and gone home, please help us show him reality! We have a huge opportunity to make our voices heard this Saturday at 10:15 am on the Capitol steps, since the press will be there as well as our legislators.
The following excerpt illustrates the effectiveness of well-defined activism and perseverance. It’s the story of Phyllis Schlafly’s fight against the ERA in the late 70’s:
“The battle over the (equal rights) amendment was literally played out in… Alton, Illinois, where Phyllis Schlafly ran her campaign against the amendment from her home… Vigils were held at the State Capitol in Springfield; marches were held in Chicago… Illinois remains to this day one of the 15 states that has not ratified the ERA, even though efforts continue despite the deadline.” (source)
If you supported Prop C in any way, you owe it to yourself, your children and your grandchildren to make every effort to show up to keep the gate closed on Obamacare!
Possible bonus: Keep in mind that the more effective we can make Saturday’s protest, the more Nixon is also revealed as a FAILED governor during his run for re-election.
Please take part in Saturday’s to-do list:
1. Forward this email to everyone you know.
2. Call everyone you know if they don’t use use the internet.
3. Plan your carpool.
4. If you cannot make it, please send someone in your place.
5. If you’re bringing signs, please keep them clean such as “Listen to the People!”
6. Make preparations to put messages on your car for the trip to Jefferson City.
7. Contact us if you have a pop-up canopy to lend for Saturday.
8. Stay tuned for printed statements we would like from everyone for even greater impact or for additional updates.
Thank you for standing with Missouri.